New Firmware Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.03.49_V (11/16/10)

Grab yourself and old xbox and run XBMC. Plays ISO’s , is fully customizable, even does thumbnails automatically and its free. Plays everything except hi def stuff. I’m hoping that one day the Wd will be able to do what XBMC can.

PaulC wrote:

Can anyone recommend an alternative media player that will play iso’s

I’m missing the zoom functionality on dvd iso playback.

I have an old CRT with a 4:3 screen.  my wdtv live is connected via component connectors. Firmware is 1.03.49_V

Whenever I start a movie (avi or dvd-iso or dvd-folder) I have to zoom out one step to see the whole movie.

All movies start on my CRT with a zoom to 0.9. So on the right and on the left side the movie is wider than the screen and I have to zoom out… always… It was so when I bought it, and it did not change with any firmware update.

Thats no problem with avi files. And it was not, until I updated to 1.03.49_V

But since I have most of my dvds ripped to iso-files, this means I see only 90% of the picture. No matter if I press play or OK to start the dvd, I always end in the DVD-Mode. That means I have 3 options “menue”, “language”, “subtitles”.

Where did the zoom go? Why is it not possible the give the dvd-menue-mode a zoom option.

Or does  someone has another idea?

Or how can I tell my wdtvlive to start at 100% and not at 90% when connected to a 4:3 crt?