My wall mode layout

Hi skidmark!

Just tried the wall mode layout by pasting into Legacy theme, (exactly as you suggested) looks good but I’m getting no movie info, year, director etc as your screen shot shows?

Any idea why?

Also, as previous people have commented- the scroll from one movie folder to another is slightly slow (have to press button a couple of times b4 it highlights the next folder). These problems also occur with BAL’s theme, which I have also tried tonight! I understand he had used your gallery XML file.

Are you aware of this as I can’t see if it is an error on my part? Note that I do have maybe 50 films to scroll through- possible reason why its slow??

Anyhow- I hope you consider my comments as constructive and not negative. Cheers! 

architectonic wrote:

Hi skidmark!

Just tried the wall mode layout by pasting into Legacy theme, (exactly as you suggested) looks good but I’m getting no movie info, year, director etc as your screen shot shows?

Any idea why?

Also, as previous people have commented- the scroll from one movie folder to another is slightly slow (have to press button a couple of times b4 it highlights the next folder). These problems also occur with BAL’s theme, which I have also tried tonight! I understand he had used your gallery XML file.

Are you aware of this as I can’t see if it is an error on my part? Note that I do have maybe 50 films to scroll through- possible reason why its slow??

Anyhow- I hope you consider my comments as constructive and not negative. Cheers! 

All my movie info has showed up with no action needed, have you tried a reboot ?

I have seen slow or laggy response, but I’ve seen that on the standard layouts too. If I switch view modes and switch back its OK, so I assumed its a firmware problem

I haven’t rebooted so will try that out skidmark!

any thoughts on why no movie info displaying or again would the reboot help?

Hmm nice work, i have been away for 2 weeks and loads to catch up on, this looks very nice

Cheers, I’m working on a couple of minor tweaks, like a shadow under the filename and a new decorations file to move the clock and weather for all pages.

I really like your wall (Gallery View) and have taken a copy to play with/tweak (hope you don’t mind) as i am a complete Theme novice and this will really help me learn. Keep up the great work.

Del