Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

delete wd_tv folder and then do a cold reboot and your thumbs will be updated

For anyone who wants to see a different version of Mojo, I’m currently working one called Mojo Darklight.

You can see it HERE.

1 Like

Hi , 

Love the theme its looks so good on my 55inch TV … 

My only issue is …

I generated all my covers and movie info save the profile in thumpgen everything works prefectly on my player .

Now since yesterday using the same profile (doublecheck to make sure nothing change) it will not work for new movies i am trying add … Everything shows on my player except movie cover.

I get generic movie reel icon,

These are files that where generated :

Moviename .mkv

moviename_cover .jpg

moviename_sheet

moviename.xml

moviename.png ( i change to jpg)

These are the same files for ones that work just a different movie name .

I did a reboot and clear library as well reload files nothing seems to work .

Maybe i wrong but is SMP having issues recognizing new cover thumbnail?

Any suggestions…

Thank you… 

madweegle said:     delete wd_tv folder and then do a cold reboot and your thumbs will be updated

And ya know this “feature” is a real pain in the “tumbnail!”  There must be a smarter way of dealing with changing jpg files than a complete library recomplie!

2 Likes

NYTEMAYR wrote:

madweegle said:     delete wd_tv folder and then do a cold reboot and your thumbs will be updated

And ya know this “feature” is a real pain in the “tumbnail!”  There must be a smarter way of dealing with changing jpg files than a complete library recomplie!

I was thinking that also, just last night.

Tinwarble wrote:

RedBadger93 wrote:

I can’t get the mirror effect to work at all, using Thumbgen also. 

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but you have to use my cover box templates to have the reflections for your coverart.

Also, I’m not sure if this works or not on the SMP (and it was broke on the latest FW for the HUB) but you have to manually change the extensions for pngs to jpg, for the transparency layer to work.  Like I said though, this may not work with the SMP if they did the same thing for it’s FW as they did for the latest HUB FW.

Well the reflection/mirror effect, the bottom reflection portion of it, its not faded/transparent like yours are in the photos, which causes it not to look right.  It is transparent in Thumbgen, just not on the actual media player.  For me anyways.

Did you change the extension from png to jpg?  You have to do this manually.

As I said, I’m not sure if this trick works on the SMP because I don’t have one and WD broke this trick in the latest firmware version of the HUB (which is why I haven’t updated). 

The reason that you have to do this though is because the SMP and the HUB both will not display true pngs and changing the extension (at least for the HUB) tricks it into displaying the png with the transparency layer.

Deleting wd-tv folder did not rectify tumbnail issue for me , did this solution work recently for anyone else?

I did notice when i turn the media library off the movie cover showed up … but u kinda miss out on everything else.

Well, if the SMP is like the HUB then deleting the .wd_tv folder won’t help anyway since it does not store thumbnails that are pngs with the extension changed to jpp in the “thumbs” folder.

Have you tried unplugging the power cord, then plugging it back in (or you can hold the power button down for 5 sec to completely power down the SMP).  I would give it 5 min or so before powering it back up.

Sorry guys; I’am newbie with the WD TV ; exactly Mojo stuff. Where do I have to copy these Mojo zip’s!? Only works with ext. USB drive!? Is there any “How-To” or URL, where I can  read about that doing?

See this here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/WDTV-Live-Streaming-User-Themes/m-p/284122/message-uid/284122/highlight/true#U284122

You don’t have to make a zip file, the file is already made for you, just follow the rest of the directions starting at number 4.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply…

So; only load the ZIP file using the WEB interface of the WDTV Live SMP and it will be flashed? Cool…

I’ll check this out today. I’ll guess (and saw in the Youtube Video, to copy it to \WDTVLIVE\ .wd_tv\theme.

That video is for the HUB, not the SMP. 

Loading it on the SMP is different animal.

How long does it take to flash

I get a message to please wait - which never goes away

Is there a way to fix this

figured out it was IE9 causing the problem - all good now.

Just tried  re-generated the movie cover  left the PNG file as is , the cover art not only show up, but i now have the mirror effect at the bottom of the screen.

Load up via the webinterface …took 2 minutes and it’s done…great!! The Theme is really awesome!! Will there be the MOJO Darklight for the SMP, too?

Great work!

First time installing a theme and all went smooth!  Looks great!  Thanks for all the hard work!

How long does it take to flash

I get a message to please wait - which never goes away

Is there a way to fix this

How did you fix this problem