Mojo 1.12.01 (MS) - UPDATE 11-07-11

You got this correct. You should be able to see the Mojo theme available in the Setup / Appearance screen.

1 Like

First of all, THANK YOU for such quick responses.

Second of all, THANK YOU for helping with my moronic questions!

i just got the WD TV Live Hub yesterday, so i’m very new to it.  The answer was… I never went into “Setup → Appearance” to select the new theme!  Of course that seems obvious, but it wasn’t for me as a newbie.  So… thank you very much!

A couple minor points that are strange and I believe I may have read about them elsewhere:

1. If the movie information text is too long, or if there are many actors listed… then the text gets cut off.  Any way around this other than deleting some of the text in Thumbgen?
  2. The background images take about 4 seconds to load each time I browse to a new movie.  I think it may be accessing this from the internet rather than locally… this is my only guess.  Other images, thumbnails load instantly.  How can I fix this?
  3. I thought the stars used in the movie rating were yellow.  They are silver for some reason.  No worries though… it still works :slight_smile:

(1) If the text is too long then it should not be “cut off”, but should end with “…”.   This is normal and how it should work.  You don’t want to edit this because you can view the full text if you press “Options” on the remote, then select “View info”.

(2) The delay in the backdrop (moviesheet) loading is normal.  If your are seeing the moviesheet that you have created using Thumbgen, then it is loading the local backdrop.  But the delay is the same even if it is loading from the intenet.

(3) The stars are silver because that’s how I designed the moviesheet.  Mojo (MSP) does not use the user set ratings (the yellow stars) but rather use the IMDB ratings which are a part of the moviesheet.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

One more question…

When I load my WD TV Live Hub, it start at the “Video” selection.  I click “Video” and then there’s one lone folder called “WDTVLiveHub”, rather than going straight to my selection of Video Genres (folders).  How can I get it to skip the WDTVLiveHub step and go right to the folders?

When WD Discovery tool maps the hub drive on my computer, it automatically uses the WDTVLiveHub share.

If the above request is not possible, how can I at least add cover art to my WDTVLiveHub folder?  I do have a Folder.jpg sitting in the WDTVLiveHub folder, but it does not show up on the folder cover art within the “Video” section.

Thanks!

Nope, there’s no way to get rid of the “WDTVLiveHub” folder without rolling back the firmware.  In which case you would lose the ability to display the moviesheets.

OK no problem.  Thanks for the reply.  Is there at least a way to get the WDTVLiveHub folder to have a cover JPG to it, so it’s not just the standard “movie reel” picture?

I think I know have got to grips with most of the theme and movesheet creation after a lot of help from this forum, but still have one issue I can’t figure out. I’m using the Mojo theme and on the gallery view the year is being displayed as Year: N/A  In the xml it creates this line e.g <year>21.08.1998</year> but yet it will not display. The View Info page does display the year correctly. I’m I missing something or is this correct behaviour?

The year is being generated wrong.  The year as to be exaclty like “1998-08-21”, if it’s any other way it want display.

Ah, So near but yet so far…

Thanks! 

Hi Fuzzyduck.
If your are using Thumbgen to create your XML, just put the proper Costom Date Format format located in the general tab in Options.

Hey Tin,

When can we expect the release of THE XPERIENCE LOOK – WIP Theme? Any news and updates on this?

Thanks,

Adrian

adrian6753,

I don’t know, perhaps you should ask the developer of that theme (JoeySmyth).

Bump for update 9-10-11

2 Likes

Hi,

I am pretty new to this.  I just got myself a WD live hub just a week ago. Been doing a lot of reading and template searching. I’ve loaded up mojo (mps) but not getting any backdrops or movie covers. I am using Thumbgen also.  

Am I doing something wrong here. Would really appreciate any advise and help to set this

You should read the tutorial provided in the first post of this tread. If you follow it, you should have no problems.
Cheer. :slight_smile:

Hello Tinwarble,

Just looking for some help on how to get the movie sheet to appear in the background. I’m using the lastest version of the wdtv hub firmware and the lastest thumbgen. I followed the tutorial to set up thumbgen and generated all the xml, jpg cover, cover box thumbnail, and jpg moviesheet. The line below states that I don’t have to edit anythingon the xml  because I’m using the lastet thumbgen.

"To get the moviesheets to display, you must be running the latest version of the firmware (Version 2.06.10 or later) & you must manually edit the metadata xml file to delete the backdrops, then add the line:

<backdrop>yourfilename.jpg</backdrop>  (NO LONGER NECESSARY IF YOU ARE USING THE LASTEST VERSION OF THUMBGEN)"

However I’m still unable to get the movie sheet image to appear in the background. The thumbnail of the cover appears fine but I’m having no luck with the moviesheet. I’ve compared the xml files and there is alot of extra data my xml compared to the test folder xml. I even attempted to rename one of the moviesheets that I created as one of your test movie sheet names and copy it into the test folder  to see if it would work and had no success. I powered off the wdtv and unplugged the power cord for 30 secs also. Can I get some assistance please or suggestions to how to resolve this issue please.

Well, from what you said, it sounds as though you didn’t set Thumbgen up correctly.  And if there is a problem with the xml file then I imagine that the part that you missed is this:

Movieinfo export - $M$N (set the drop boxes for .xml, Default, and Export using
WDTV Live Hub format

Which is on page 6 of the tutorial.  I suggest you re-read the tutorial and make sure that you have Thumbgen setup exactly as the tutorial says.

Is it possible to get the PSD file, to make some custom folder icons and so on for this theme pls :smiley:

Tw,

Was wondering why I can not see the movie covers. I have rename filename.png to filename.jpg and have switched off the hub. I get the backdrop and everything else but not the movie cover. Any idea would be much appreciated.

BTW love the theme. Good job.