Major bug in the way the WDTV Live Streaming displays photos that are sequentially numbered

Cool, that clears it up nicely.

Here’s something else that might work for you.

If you don’t want to rename the files, but you can be sure that they were created sequentially, just sort by date.

Raphael_C wrote:

Here’s something else that might work for you.

If you don’t want to rename the files, but you can be sure that they were created sequentially, just sort by date.

Not sure you are getting it or maybe it’s me.  This thread is about the way the WDTV Live Streamer sorts pictures.  The media player does not do a natural sort like Windows does so it’s usless when trying to do a slide show of pictures that you want to be in order.

Like in my situation, I wanted to created a slide show of pictures of my grandmothers life and wanted them to start with her earliest days when she was young then progress through to her old days.  So I got about 150 jpeg images or so together that all had different file names and put them in 1 folder and then arranged them in order.  After they were in order I selected all 150 pictures and named them “Grandma” so that every picture would have the same name and be sequentially numbered.  Grandma (1)…Grandma (2)…etc. ending with…Grandma (150) which was the last picture name.  Windows displays them in order fine, but the WDTV Live does not, it does a computer sort of them (or whatever it’s called) so the order would be like:

Grandma (1)

Grandma (10)

Grandma (100)

So the slide show would start and it would display the 1st picture, 10th picture, 100th picture instead of doing 1…2…3…  Like people pointed out in this thread, it does not do a natural sort which is what it should do for picture slide shows.

Gigahertz, Raphael is proposing a different sort type that will accomplish what you want. – Sort by Date instead of Name.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Gigahertz, Raphael is proposing a different sort type that will accomplish what you want. – Sort by Date instead of Name.

You mean have the WDTV Live sort by date instead of name?  That wouldn’t work, like I mentioned these pictures were gathered from all over the place.  Most were scanned from photo albums that way a digital copy could be made.