Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Joey or someone can any of you help with instruction on how to put in wd

Download the file to your computer. Use a browser and go to the Ip address of your WDTV and login using “admin.”  Choose the “appearances” tab and then browse to where you saved the .zip download. Upload the file and wait for the “successful” message.  Turn on your WDTV and you should be good to go.

Here’s a more detailed guide…

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your WDTV’s IP address to open the Web UI. (To find the WDTV IP press: Setup > About)

Type in your password (the default is " admin"), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the " KudosV4.1Beta3_SMP.zip" file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on your WDTV press " Setup" on your remote, select " Appearance", then select " User Interface Themes", select " KudosV4.1Beta3_SMP" then when prompted select " Apply theme".

Thanks so much and how about the other files you provided

not sure which “other” files you are referring to ?

Can’t give you a step-by-step guide with “Thumbgen”

but, Templates go into C:\ThumbGen 1.3.9.2\Templates

and Profiles go into C:\ThumbGen 1.3.9.2\Profiles (select them top,left on main Thumbgen screen)

There’s plenty of Thumbgen guides in the Theme Forum

Remember this isn’t my theme … so i can’t offer much support 

(my last few theme’s Alaska,PM4WD don’t use Thumbgen)

All go ahead and look for your theme as well. Thanks for all the help

so i just installed this file KudosGlowEdit or should i have installed this one KudosV4.1Beta3_SMP… also this there any way to add IE or any browser

To repeat the information i previously posted …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Kudos-V4-1-Beta-03-Moviesheet-SMP-WEEKLY-BUILD-ADDED/td-p/445566/page/48

Here’s Lesterbangs Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 theme: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2dp54x64ofzu3a/KudosV4.1Beta3_SMP.zip

What i said: Once thing i noticed … there is no “Cover Shine/Gloss” on the thumbnails … obviously this was generated by Thumbgen. Personally, i would’ve coded the Cover Shine/Gloss into the Theme without the need to use Thumbgen to do it

So i edited the Theme to include the Cover Shine/Gloss: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5hecqd50hnaix5e/KudosGlowEdit.zip

It’s your choice which one you prefer to use. Try them both and see which you prefer.

manuelcrail wrote:

also this there any way to add IE or any browser

Huh ?  that’s not a theme related question … but if you search the forum, you’ll find many posts regarding the hidden web browser in all latest firmwares for the Live Hub, Live Streaming and Personal Edition WDTV Media Player.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/More-apps/m-p/807925#M33585

Does anyone here has the zip file for V4.2 Beta?  The original link no longer works.  many thanks!

Hi

I have installed this theme, but I can’t get the moviesheets to display, I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have read through this entire thread and followed the directions to create moviesheets through thumbgen. I believe I have all the correct files needed to for the moviesheet to show up. 

Here is what I have in my folder:

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030_cover.jpg

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030_fanart.jpg

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030_sheet.jpg

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030.jpg

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030.mkv

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030.mkv.tgmd

file:///Volumes/Public/Shared%20Videos/13_GOING_ON_30/13%20Going%20ON%2030.xml

Please let me know if I have something wrong? Or where I can look to see what I am doing wrong. 

Any guidance is appreciated. 

Thanks

Sorry I forget to mention I have WD media player model # WDBYMN0000NBK-HESN

first thing to check … open your movie xml  (with notepad, or any text / xml editor)

eg.

John Wick.mkv

John Wick.jpg

John Wick.xml

Jonh Wick_sheet.jpg

at the bottom of the xml there should be this line of code that is the reference to the moviesheet

John Wick_sheet.jpg

if you don’t have this … then the moviesheet won’t display.  You need to double check Thumbgen > Options > Movie Info

“Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used)”

Joey thank you for taking the time to help me, I did look at the xml file and it appears that I have the correct line in my xml file I will post a copy of the xml file, maybe there is something else that is incorrect. 

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Brickleberry" 2 Weeks Notice Brickleberry" 2 Weeks Notice Ethel runs a camp for the blind. After a bad speed dating incident, Steve sleeps with a hooker, and contract cana-syphil-aids, and is told he only has two weeks to live. Ethel runs a camp for the blind. After a bad speed dating incident, Steve sleeps with a hooker, and contract cana-syphil-aids, and is told he only has two weeks to live. 30 6.7 tt2411688 1 more credit 2 Weeks Notice\_sheet.jpg 2 Weeks Notice.jpg 2 Weeks Notice.mkv N/A

Please let me know if you see something that is wrong, or what I can check next. 

Thanks, Jen

looks OK to me …

2 Weeks Notice_sheet.jpg

and you have the file setup like this … eg

2 Weeks Notice.mkv

2 Weeks Notice.jpg

2 Weeks Notice.xml

2 Weeks Notice_sheet.jpg

i’m not sure if you are using Network Shares or Media Shares ? if you’re using Media Shares … try Network Shares

Ok we changed to network share and it worked Yay!!! We have a couple of other questions we noticed with the movie sheet in there it has its own thumbnail with the description, the issue we run into is that the cover jpg and file jpg overlap the description thumbnail, when we remove the cover and file jpg it still shows a greyed out box where those jpgs were is there a way to decrease the description size or how would we go about fixing that. The other question is how can we remove the 5 stars at the top of the screen?

Thank you again for your help it is much appreciated.

Jen

Swenson5 wrote:
 the issue we run into is that the cover jpg and file jpg overlap the description thumbnail

not sure what you mean ?  can you take a picture of your TV and post it here on the forum ?

the “moviesheet” you should be creating for the “Kudos Theme” should look like this …

plently of free space below for the thumbnails with no overlapping 2 examples…

also, to remove the “stars” you need to do some theme editing of   rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

and remove … .   <image image=“@@rating” x=“555” y=“80” w=“124” h=“21” align=“hcenter”/>

then rezip the theme at root level with no compression (aka ‘store’) click the “spoiler” link for an example using Z-zip

1 Like

Here is a picture of my theatre screen, mine definitely doesn’t look like yours, just ignore that the thumbnail jpg’s that say 13 going on 30 and the description is 17 Again that is because we were just trying to get things working and we finally figured out a few things we were doing wrong, and so we happened to have the description come across for 17 Again but not the correct moviesheet so were improvising for testing purposes. So I am guessing we have some sort of setting wrong in thumbgen possibly or we aren’t doing something right with the theme??? I was also going to ask it seems that some of our thumbnail jpgs are not the right size, in this picture the 13 going on 30 thumbnail is smaller than the space… I love the pics you sent of how yours looks those are amazing, I hope I can get mine configured that way. I have attached another picture of a different movie (21), where the description didn’t come over, we believe that is the way we must have the setting in thumbgen yesterday we were trying anything and everything to get these moviesheets to come across and were trying many different settings.  

Again a million thanks for your help…

Jen

you’re using Thumbgen’s “Default” Moviesheet Template… which is where you’re going wrong

1. Download the Kudo’s Moviesheet Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f22h0xa56if1r5b/KudosV4+ThumbgenTemplates.zip

1. Extract the zip and copy the “Profiles” and “Templates” folders into where you installed “Thumbgen”

eg.  C:\ThumbGen 1.3.9.2

1. Launch Thumbgen and select “KudosV4” under “Current Profile”

profile.jpg

1. Now, when you go to Thumbgen > Options > Moviesheets… you will now have the correct Moviesheet selected

ms.jpg

1. Do a “Manual” search on one movie to test if everything is correct

(if “all good” then proceed to “Automatic” search)

1 Like

Thank you so much, I think we are so close to getting this, so I followed your instructions and it seems to be working on the thumbgen side except for a couple of things, on the process screen I am getting the cover art and the moviesheet but there isn’t anything coming up in the movie metadata section, and also I am not sure if I was supposed to change any of the setting in thumbgen? I just followed your instructions with extracting the profile and template folders and placing them in C:\ thumbgen and verified that the correct profile was marked " KudosV4" and also that the moviesheets were correct in options, but for some reason I am not getting an xml file to generate… not sure if I need to change another setting.

Thanks so much for your help you have been a life saver. 

Jen

We finally got it figured out!!! Thank you so much for all your help, we are so happy it looks amazing.  We did have one question we have the setting on our WD player to have the moviesheet fade in, it seems like it take a good 3-4 seconds to fade in, is there anyway to speed that up? 

Again a million thanks for all your help, we would not have been able to get it done without you.

Jen