I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

Devicious…

loving you here helping on your theme :slight_smile:

Im just curious how you setup your TV Shows folder… from the Demo folder you only have 1 show.

Currently i have folder like.

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 1

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 2

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 3

TV Shows → The Big Bang Theory → Season 4

TV Shows → The Big Bang Theory → Season 5

So question… do you have it like the above, and if so what Folder.jpg do you use for each season, is there anything needed at the top level… eg in the Vampire Diaries folder.

being nosey now :wink:

Kazgor wrote:

hypertrophy wrote:

DeVicious how long does it take for the moviesheet jpg to load on your hub with this theme in Gallery view? I downloaded the theme and on my hub it took about 5+ seconds when selecting new movie.

for me it varies from 2 to 5 seconds,but yes there is a very noticable delay before the moviesheet is displayed.

DeVicious, I find the Large Grid View to be very sexy though.

in Preview mode… not all the movies are displaying properly, out of the 6 test ones only 3 show up, 1,5,6 are blank tiles with the movie name scrolling inside. They show up fine in the other views.

[Q] In list view, are the Movies Stars suppose to display the rating? notice in your screenshot and also in mine that they are all unset.

[General theme question]

in Galley View, is it not possible to just have a Generic background and overly the moviesheet image over it. the BlackMamba skin that overlay the different movie arts it hard to make out.

What i wonder is, with the default WD theme the wallpaper doesn’t change and info is quickly displayed.

so i wonder, if you had a generic background and a transparent moviesheet with just the important bits if things would display faster…

our is this where the PNG not supported etc comes into play?

ta

to the first part, if it doesn’t show you did something wrong, most likely you are using the wrong name for the thumbnail or the wrong file format in example png or your hub had a hickup when generating the files. It got nothing to do with the theme. Make sure the thumbnail file has the exact same name as the movie and is saved as a jpg, delete yout thumb folder and restart your device as often it has the thumbnails still in cache.

For the 2nd part about just displaying the infos in Gallery View, pick a theme that got it the way you want and copy the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” from that theme into the black mamba folder. I don’t want that in my theme it would mean i would have to make a 2nd version of the movie sheets and a second version of the theme and this would just confuse people more. My theme is made for total geeks like me who WANT to have a stylish look, who want to be on the newest firmware and who want to have informative and sexy sheets. The cool thing about this comunity is that you can use parts from other themes and it still works and display my standard backdrop image in the background “RV-BG.jpg”

Kazgor wrote:

Devicious…

loving you here helping on your theme :slight_smile:

Im just curious how you setup your TV Shows folder… from the Demo folder you only have 1 show.

Currently i have folder like.

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 1

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 2

TV Shows → Vampire Diaries → Season 3

TV Shows → The Big Bang Theory → Season 4

TV Shows → The Big Bang Theory → Season 5

So question… do you have it like the above, and if so what Folder.jpg do you use for each season, is there anything needed at the top level… eg in the Vampire Diaries folder.

being nosey now :wink:

The folder structure is alright

Vampire Diaries

|- Season 1

|- Episodes 1-24

|- Season 2

|- Episodes 1-24

The season thumbnail is generated by the EXTRA THUMBNAIL option in thumbgen (you would know that if you eat more carrots :smileyvery-happy:) 

here is the screen shot

For the top level Thumbnail in the “Vampire Diaries” folder you can manually use one of the seasons or make your own if you are nerdy like me :smileyvery-happy:
I do my own ones because I don’t want the season info in the top level folder, you can get the covers at http://www.thetvdb.com/

Dev… thanks for the above info.

one last question (no promises.lol) for tvshows… the xml tag for Title is just the episode name, so the hub sorts by that field… and from your example files you also just have the episode name in that tag… so im guessing you swicth filter to sort by something else… maybe rating.

is there an easy way so that TG puts EPSIODE NUMBER - TITLE into the xml tag field. i guess next time i do it now i know i would have to manual enter it… just wondered if it was possible to get TG to do it… with me being lazy etc. 

ideally i would prefer 3x01 - title… etc.

anyway… thanks.

I’m running firmware 3.03.13. I notice when creating my own theme with local backdrops it also takes 5+ seconds for the movie sheet to show up in gallery view mode. So it must be my hub in general and not the theme.

DeVicious wrote:

hypertrophy wrote:

DeVicious how long does it take for the moviesheet jpg to load on your hub with this theme in Gallery view? I downloaded the theme and on my hub it took about 5+ seconds when selecting new movie.

if you guys make statements like this it would help me to know your firmware version. With the newest firmware it takes usually 1 second 2 seconds if I am pushing it in a busy folder with my own movie sheets.

Also check your photo  settings

Kazgor wrote:

Dev… thanks for the above info.

one last question (no promises.lol) for tvshows… the xml tag for Title is just the episode name, so the hub sorts by that field… and from your example files you also just have the episode name in that tag… so im guessing you swicth filter to sort by something else… maybe rating.

is there an easy way so that TG puts EPSIODE NUMBER - TITLE into the xml tag field. i guess next time i do it now i know i would have to manual enter it… just wondered if it was possible to get TG to do it… with me being lazy etc. 

ideally i would prefer 3x01 - title… etc.

anyway… thanks.

There are standards the Hub understands and doesn’t understand, the whole point of making a graphical movie sheet or add graphics to it is to compensate the missing elements. So there is a difference of what one prefers and what can be done.

The whole sorting issue you are referring to only happen is library mode.

Answer this for yourself, are you rating your movies or do you create sheets with the build in scraper? If not turn the library mode off because it makes everything slower and it is unecessary if your episodes are named properly to scene standards. If you can’t live without that thing the sort by folder which equals alphabetical / numerical order.

If you follow the instructions correctly (fingers crossed) then Thumbgen will generate you a thumbnail for each episode with all sorts of info … why in gods name would you want to have it renamed to something so complicated like 3x01 Title… ?

Let’s recap, make sure if you need the library mode, turn it off if possible, generate the thumbnails as descripted in the screen shots and there should be no issue at all. If you want Moviehseets without the information hardcoded inside the sheet you won’t get what you want because the hub doesn’t understand the commands (yet)

hypertrophy wrote:

I’m running firmware 3.03.13. I notice when creating my own theme with local backdrops it also takes 5+ seconds for the movie sheet to show up in gallery view mode. So it must be my hub in general and not the theme.> * * *

I believe to have tested every theme there is, it never took longer than 3 seconds, 5+ seconds might not be a very scientific number :smileyvery-happy:, it is probably how it felt for you. I have 7 friends with Live Hubs in my zip code, all of them say it’s a 1-3 seconds delay depending on the way one navigates.The fastest way yet to display the mvoe sheets is with the 2.7 firmware and the Aeonish Hub which would be my favorite way to run my moviesheets but it doesn’t work with the new firmware, however I have a solid information that one of the next firmware upgrades will either revert to the old thumbnail system (no cropping) or an instant display of the backdrop file, both is no rocket science, they just have to do it. 

DeVicious wrote:

hypertrophy wrote:

I’m running firmware 3.03.13. I notice when creating my own theme with local backdrops it also takes 5+ seconds for the movie sheet to show up in gallery view mode. So it must be my hub in general and not the theme.> * * *

I believe to have tested every theme there is, it never took longer than 3 seconds, 5+ seconds might not be a very scientific number :smileyvery-happy:, it is probably how it felt for you. I have 7 friends with Live Hubs in my zip code, all of them say it’s a 1-3 seconds delay depending on the way one navigates.The fastest way yet to display the mvoe sheets is with the 2.7 firmware and the Aeonish Hub which would be my favorite way to run my moviesheets but it doesn’t work with the new firmware, however I have a solid information that one of the next firmware upgrades will either revert to the old thumbnail system (no cropping) or an instant display of the backdrop file, both is no rocket science, they just have to do it. 

I just timed it and it took 10 seconds from the time I highlight a movie til the movie sheet backdrop appear with all the movie infos. Then I switched the picture slideshow transition from fade to normal and it brought the time down to 6 seconds. I also did another test by going to my pictures folder with jpgs and display them as a slide. It took 6 seconds to advance from one picture to the next when I press the forward arrow on the remote. So my guess is simply this is how long it takes to display jpgs on my hub.

hypertrophy wrote:

I just timed it and it took 10 seconds from the time I highlight a movie til the movie sheet backdrop appear with all the movie infos. Then I switched the picture slideshow transition from fade to normal and it brought the time down to 6 seconds. I also did another test by going to my pictures folder with jpgs and display them as a slide. It took 6 seconds to advance from one picture to the next when I press the forward arrow on the remote. So my guess is simply this is how long it takes to display jpgs on my hub.

Let’s get to the bottom of this and optimize it.

1. Does that happen with all the themes that have local backdrops?

2. did this happen with MY movie sheets… (my demo in example)

3. what is the file size of the thumbnail and the movie sheet?

4. when did you purchase your hub?

5. is that on the internal HDD, an external or through network?

6. is this happening on locally store backdrops or internet bacldrops

7. are you connected to the internet?

here some things you might want to consider prior to using the Black Mamba theme.

delete the folder .miocrawler_cache, delete the thumbs folder and delete the individual .wd_tv folder (careful not the one with the themes) delete your media library and turn it off. Now unplug the power cord from the hub and restart without the media library on. I would bet it is way faster now, after that turn the library back on (if you really need it otherwise keep it off)

Truly amazing best theme yet, now i just wish i used movie sheets :smileyvery-happy: Nice work

Would this be hard to edit as to not use movie sheets?

Thank you Ztrust :smiley:

here is a thought, if you don’t want to use movie sheets take one of the 4 alternative views by toggling through with the yellow button. However you will need the thumbnails in order to operate which you can get automatically with the build in scraper in library mode “get content info”

Hi :smileyvery-happy:

i am a info [Edited] but i guess if i want to use this theme and after having seen it, i cant use any other :confounded: I will have to use one of the other wievs.

i am very new to wdtv just bought my smp 2 weeks ago or so, so i do not know how much it would take but it would be very cool with a gallery wiev that dident require MS(but maybe it would mess up the nice look i dont know) any how just wanted to air the possibility just in case:stuck_out_tongue: hope to join your ranks one day 

Hi DeVicious,

Thanks for your hard work it’s a very great theme !

I have a bug in the main page I have the clock in the bottom right on top of the navigation bar.

Do you know how I can remove it or put it in the top ?

Another thing I think there are an error in your image TG 04 Moviesheets Tab: for the extra we have to choose the thumb template no ?

DeVicious wrote:

There are standards the Hub understands and doesn’t understand, the whole point of making a graphical movie sheet or add graphics to it is to compensate the missing elements. So there is a difference of what one prefers and what can be done.

Answer this for yourself, are you rating your movies or do you create sheets with the build in scraper? If not turn the library mode off because it makes everything slower and it is unecessary if your episodes are named properly to scene standards. If you can’t live without that thing the sort by folder which equals alphabetical / numerical order.

If you follow the instructions correctly (fingers crossed) then Thumbgen will generate you a thumbnail for each episode with all sorts of info … why in gods name would you want to have it renamed to something so complicated like 3x01 Title… ?

Let’s recap, make sure if you need the library mode, turn it off if possible, generate the thumbnails as descripted in the screen shots and there should be no issue at all. If you want Moviehseets without the information hardcoded inside the sheet you won’t get what you want because the hub doesn’t understand the commands (yet)

Thank you for being so patient, your theme is simple gorgeous and love the TV thumbnails ( like the one above) it actually the first theme i actually want to spend the time using TG to whip my moves/tv into shape so it can use the theme.

I was infact very confused by the TV show ordering and i guess my Hub has Library mode switched on… I will turning it off. no big deal if its on of off, which ever mode makes this theme look good on my hub i’ll do it. so thanks for the heads up… saves me having the titles with episode numbers (which would look rubbish) and probably also spoils your nice Thumbnails.

At work now… so will be tonight when i can try it out.

Thanks again.

Ps… if this this is what you can do with all the restrictions/bugs WD puts into the firmware… i can only guess what  you and other themers here could actually do if WD gave you a themer friendly firmware.

I actually was sold by some of the good looking themes here, otherwise i probably had bought something else. was def. tick in the box.

ztrust wrote:

Hi :smileyvery-happy:

i am a info **bleep** but i guess if i want to use this theme and after having seen it, i cant use any other :confounded: I will have to use one of the other wievs.

i am very new to wdtv just bought my smp 2 weeks ago or so, so i do not know how much it would take but it would be very cool with a gallery wiev that dident require MS(but maybe it would mess up the nice look i dont know) any how just wanted to air the possibility just in case:stuck_out_tongue: hope to join your ranks one day 

since you’re an [Edited] **bleep** I am confident that your file names are proper

in this case generating moviehseets with thumbgen is a piece of cake.

It took me less than 3 hours to generate sheets worth 5 Terrabyte of content with the auto function of thumbgen, 4 TB are TV Shows. There been only 3 unrecognized movies which i managed in semi auto mode.

Do it you will love it :slight_smile:

fanturi wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

Thanks for your hard work it’s a very great theme !

I have a bug in the main page I have the clock in the bottom right on top of the navigation bar.

Do you know how I can remove it or put it in the top ?

Another thing I think there are an error in your image TG 04 Moviesheets Tab: for the extra we have to choose the thumb template no ?

the clock is not a bug it is an indecision :smileyvery-happy: I will upload update on friday that will also fix the 2 screenshots and yes you are right you are supposed to use the thumb template for that

Kazgor wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Thank you for being so patient, your theme is simple gorgeous and love the TV thumbnails ( like the one above) it actually the first theme i actually want to spend the time using TG to whip my moves/tv into shape so it can use the theme.

I was infact very confused by the TV show ordering and i guess my Hub has Library mode switched on… I will turning it off. no big deal if its on of off, which ever mode makes this theme look good on my hub i’ll do it. so thanks for the heads up… saves me having the titles with episode numbers (which would look rubbish) and probably also spoils your nice Thumbnails.

At work now… so will be tonight when i can try it out.

Thanks again.

Ps… if this this is what you can do with all the restrictions/bugs WD puts into the firmware… i can only guess what  you and other themers here could actually do if WD gave you a themer friendly firmware.

I actually was sold by some of the good looking themes here, otherwise i probably had bought something else. was def. tick in the box.

I am glad you are getting ready to “pimp” your hub and thanx for the compliments :smileyvery-happy:

Actually I am quite happy what can be done with the hubs firmware so far, there are hardcoded media centers where nothing is possible and with all the tools it is actually quite fun to work. After all I made the theme for my entertainment needs and share it with you guys, You should download Thumbgen Designer once you are set, it is extremely easy to handle and play around to make your own sheets, it is really easy :slight_smile:

Hi DeV,

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome Theme. Best ive seen !!

Ive got the SMP and i was having issues with getting it to work on mine. 

A member here “Ritaben” was kind enough to help me out with uploading the right files. I got it working today.

I havent worked out how to get the movie sheets displaying as yet. The DVD thumbnail covers display along with the screen shots but my movie sheets are non existent at thsi stage.

But anyway i know you dont know anything about the SMP but just wanted to pass on my thanks.   I did notice on the dashboard that the “File Explorer” tab changes to “File Browser” when selected - not sure if thats been brought up before.  

BigRoo wrote:

Hi DeV,

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome Theme. Best ive seen !!

Ive got the SMP and i was having issues with getting it to work on mine. 

A member here “Ritaben” was kind enough to help me out with uploading the right files. I got it working today.

I havent worked out how to get the movie sheets displaying as yet. The DVD thumbnail covers display along with the screen shots but my movie sheets are non existent at thsi stage.

But anyway i know you dont know anything about the SMP but just wanted to pass on my thanks.   I did notice on the dashboard that the “File Explorer” tab changes to “File Browser” when selected - not sure if thats been brought up before.  

Thanx a lot BigRoo :slight_smile:

I named it File Browser because it is not really an explorer with trees and such :slight_smile:

I can’t tell you about movie sheets but when the theme is running on your device the movie sheets should too. …again i am guestemating, put my demo folder on your device and see what it does for you.  If it doesn’t work maybe there is another way to trigger the backdrops, from what I understood is that it worked for others. I am sure there is a forum that has better infos than I have for the SMP.

1 Like

DeVicious wrote:

Thanx a lot BigRoo :slight_smile:

I am sure there is a forum that has better infos than I have for the SMP.

Hi DeV,

Sorry , i wasnt asking for help I was just rambling :slight_smile:

I’ll get it worked out i’m sure.  Anyway thanks again for all your work. You are a talented person.

By the way is it possible to get the background pic of the snake skin without the face and hand?  I just wanted to see what it would look like with snake skin full screen.

Cheers