[GUIDE] Installing OwnCloud Server on My Book Live

addchild314 wrote:

wdlive76 wrote:> I recently installed owncloud on another MBL using this guide. Owncloud is now version 6 which is a bit different than version 5.  On the owncloud website there is the option to dowload the tar.bz2 file for version 5.  However, the Owncloud install guide on this forum does not give the user the option of which version to install,; it simply installs the latest version.  How can i install version 5 instead of version 6?

From the ownCloud install page, look for the text “Looking for an older version? Download ownCloud Server 5.0.14a” underneath the “Install Owncloud Server” text. Click " ownCloud Server 5.0.14a to get the tar.bz2

Alternatively, download with wget

wget download.owncloud.com

I see now that the install script in the tutorial actually just located the latest version, downloads it into /var/www/ and then unzips it into /var/www/owncloud> https://download.owncloud.com/download/community/setup-owncloud.php

So if you don’t want to use the install script, then just download the version you want and unzip it into /var/www/owncloud/