Freezes with new firmware 2.01.86

@habskilla

does 1.16 include DTS-HD passthrough? I really enjoy that feature of the 2.0 firmware.

Nope.

That’s what I thought. no go for me then. I’ll wait until something gets patched here or try it via NFS shares to see if that helps.

Thanks TechFlaws

I’ve been having similar issues with the freezing as described in this thread, as well as the one here:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/GEN3-WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media-Player-freezing-loading-times/td-p/722646

About to revert back to 1.16 firmware (!!!) as I care more about having stable software than features lol. I’ll try to post back with results, but just wondering how some of those in this thread went with a firmware downgrade??. It seems upgrading to the latest firmware would be a poor move since this forum is flooded with posts about how buggy it is (in particular the memory leak from merely idling in the menus is a scary one). Plus there is no mention that the latest 2.02.32 addresses this freezing issue at all :frowning:

Dear mickay

I have installed 2.02.32 and pleased to inform you it fixes the prior problem regarding disconnects. Had one or two instances where a fatal error was reported when starting to play a video but after it rebooted all was OK.

What firmware version is the most stable ?

At the moment I want one that plays mp4s properly and doesn’t disconnect from a network drive every 15 minutes and tells me the source is no longer available.

I’m not that worried about the services. A lot of them don’t work in my region anyway.

Try 1.16.  

habskilla wrote:

Try 1.16.  

Thanks. I downloaded it a bit earlier.

To all

I recommend the latest version 2.02.32 - it works for me no problem with Windows shares etc. I had problems with all prior versions.

It may be best to do a hard reset - press button under unit (use toothpick) after firmware update - will have to reenter settings etc.

Trucker

Trucker wrote:

To all

I recommend the latest version 2.02.32 - it works for me no problem with Windows shares etc. I had problems with all prior versions.

It may be best to do a hard reset - press button under unit (use toothpick) after firmware update - will have to reenter settings etc.

Trucker

Thanks. I will try that first before rolling back,