Drive Manager v3.1.0 shows v2.3.1

Hello,

Just finished my 3rd call of the day with WD Level 2 Tech Support regarding this issue. I’ve been toying with this v.3.1.0 VS v.2.3.1 issue since they released it.

Today… the tech support told me that v.2.3.1 that appears in the version of the newly installed software is the most current version of WD Manager. I asked why the download link title is v.3.1.0 while the software stays v.2.3.1. He said it doesn’t work that way (thought this is a first for me hearing this). He said to think of the dowload title of v.3.1.0 as a “shopping cart” that goes to the “store” and picks the correct version of software off the “shelf.” In this case, the version sitting on the shelf that is correct, he said, was v.2.3.1. 

This seems like a fuzzy explanation to me. I asked that if this is in fact the case, is v.2.3.1 a version that is now free of conflicts with Apple OSX Mavericks? That has been my biggest concern (as has been for most people). He said it is free of conflicts with Mavericks (but I’m still not feeling certain about the answer). 

On top of that I mentioned that there are many concerned people on the WD Community message boards discussing the same issue of the two different versions (3.1.0 VS 2.3.1)… and that it would be great if WD could put out a statement to everyone, confirming where it all stands. He said he would try, but there were no guarantees. I’m not sure why WD wouldn’t want to do that immediately. 

So that’s what I was told. I’m still not feeling very comfortable. I’m really ready to get my update to Mavericks installed, but I’m fearful of a conflcit occurring between it and my WD My Book II drive. 

Louise

1 Like