Diagnostic test does not complete ... stuck at 90%

IMHO this is a big software issue. Tried all suggestions apart from Factory reset…which really is not an option WD! People buy  the drive to back up all there music, videos etc. It would take for ever to backup the backup and where do you stop?? That really is not the way ahead. Good products and reliability is what you should be striving for! Sort out the issues with these drives our you will loose all your customers to more reliable sources. And no, I have never managed to get passed 90% on the simple 2 minute check!!

Could be a DROBO for me !!

I have this problem also, but mine is with a 1TB Passport Elite SE drive, and also a 500GB Passport so it is definitely a software problem, not specific to any one type of drive. I’m using WD Smartware v 1.6.4 and the firmare on the 1TB drive is 2.018. I haven’t updated the 500GB firmware, as it did nothing to resolve the problem with the 1TB drive.

Including diagnostic software is a good idea, including diagnostic software that works is a great idea.

Hey,

I recently updated to the latest firmware, did it via the dashboard and the system restarted normanny and seems to work fine.

But I have the same 90% problem. The short test completed without a problem, the full test is stuck at 90%. There is HDD activity.

WD, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

The bottom right of the website says “Put your life on it”. Currently, I do not feel like I should trust my device. So please let us know what this means and how to deal with it. Factory restore is not really an option.

Mike

I’m running into this problem.  I wanted to run a quick diagnostic and it quickly progresses to 90% and then gets stuck there.  I tried turning off remote access, but that didn’t make a difference.

I no longer have a blue light and the short diagnostic hangs at 90%.