Darklight (Beta v3) release - UPDATE 4-25-12

So let me see if I understand-it won’t work on anything higher than 2.07.17?  :wink:

Hi Tiwarble, im loving the Dark them and it runs without a glitch on my hub.  A while ago you posted your genre thumbs, i have them but i was wondering if i could please have a copy of the *.pds, if that’s ok. 

Thanks for all your great work,

Unraid

this theme is to dark for me! my eyes will not allow me to much at all, why does it have to be this dark?

Looks good as always TW - Any changes ahead you think for the Music views?

HI ANY ETA on a final Rels.? just wondering :wink:

mike!

@unRaid,

I’ll try to get something up for you later.  Mine are .xcf files though because I use Gimp and not Photoshop.  You should be able to use them though.

@dougv99,

That’s why it’s called Darklight.  The whole purpose of this theme is to be dark.  My suggestion is that if this theme is too dark for your eyes; use a different theme.

@gladster,

Yes, new Music views are in the works.  Should have something by the next release.

@mtfam6,

No ETA on a final release, as those usually come much later in development because there is a lot of xmls to go through and edit and just as many images that I have to make from scratch.  There will be new releases coming up, but the next one probably won’t be until after the first of the year since work and getting ready for Christmas has kept me pretty busy.

1 Like

Thanks TW and Merry Christmas HO HO HO HO HO …

LOL.  Too dark.  It’s called ‘Darklight’ and someone comments its dark.  Must have been a joke.  Pretty funny.

Thanks for your patience on the forums and your work.  Looking forward to the next release.

Seasons Greetings.

Thanks for the info TW

Merry Christmas

LordKimbo wrote:

LOL.  Too dark.  It’s called ‘Darklight’ and someone comments its dark.  Must have been a joke.  Pretty funny.

Thanks for your patience on the forums and your work.  Looking forward to the next release.

Seasons Greetings.

Well, the blond said, it’s dark and it’s light? JK :slight_smile:

I like this theme, the only thing I don´t like so much is the Main Menu I prefer something like the original panels on the Mochi Default theme, but Thanks for your great work. 

Wow - TW this theme is fantastic. I’ve installed the Mojo theme and really like it but Darklight is more to my taste.

I own the SMP latest model - before I dive in the deep end and see if it will work on the SMP I thought it best to ask your thoughts. Do you think it will work if I install it on the SMP?

Cheers

It would not load on the SMP for me.  Something is missing in the package for SMP.

What I did to load it was download the Anodized theme and simply copied the Darklight contents into the Anodized package.  This overwrote the files that Darklight needed to have its look … but filled in the blanks with the remaining Anodized theme (I guess you could do this with Mojo as well).  This worked great for me.  Kind of a half-breed theme.  :)  But it loaded onto my SMP.

Love the theme, but just curious how I’d go about adding a dashboard left/right and dashboard disable left/right for this theme.

I’m tinkering with things but I can’t seem to get this working on the gallery view.

I think you mean about the scrolling arrow, right!?, if you see closely to the “page counter” next to the text it turns purple when are more page to display, but there are some view that in fact does not have scrolling arrow. I realize of this because I was thinking the same and when I was revisiting the images in the folder theme and I found the images “dashboard_left_arrow” and “dashboard_right_arrow”.

Keep in mind this is a BETA release and I think tin’s idea was to just let us get a look at what’s comming. a lot of features that would be in a final release may/may not be in a beta version…

As flhthemi said, this is a beta (well, actually it is a  pre-beta) release.  So this is not a finished, or even anywhere close to being finished theme.  I released it early because there were quite a few people wanting to test this theme out.

So don’t go tinkering with it!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Also as mentioned by Josh_K, the back & forward arrows have been made to work as a background for the page counter, I have not fixed this in all the views yet (including the dashboard), but it will be fixed in upcomming version, so be patient, if it’s not working properly, then it’s becuase I haven’t got to it yet.

This is my Round-to-it.

1 Like

Believe me, I tried a lot of themes, By far “Dark light” is the number one. This is the one, and I am not going to switch over to any other.

I am using the lastest firmware and only issue is with the thumbnails cut off at bottom - but I can live with it till WD fixes the PNG issue.

Kuddos to Tinwarble for the idea and implementation. :manhappy:

Corrected :slight_smile:

Think you meant “Darklight”.  “Dark Knight” is Batman.:smileyvery-happy:

But thanks, glad you like it.

Yes Tinwarble this theme is so cool, actually I like it more than mojo, We Know is a pre-beta but for me so far have everything I need.

Maybe will be a good idea to have the same layout for moviesheet as MOJO, so in that way we can use the same moviesheet made for MOJO in Darklight too, what do you think?