Can I supress Subtitles and Audio dialog when playing movies?

…thru the themes menu on the hub, under settings, appearance.

Hi Tony,

did what you said and it works…i.e. suppresses the little box in the middle of the screen.

I need to post a separate message regarding *.MTS playback (which is really a blu-ray packaged format i.e. shows up as BDAV using the MediaInfo tool). The WD TV Live Hub does not start these video very gracefully and essentially the 1st 5-10s of viewing is spoiled.

I noted that playing *.MP4 ,*.FLV, *.MPG , *.MOV files do not have these start up problems so these files now play gracefully with your fix.

Thank-you,

Charles

Sorry but I’m still confused. Are we able to disable this dialog box while still using the default theme? I’m on a Mac and I don’t know how to access the file from the Legacy.theme file.

If this is a supported hack, then why not include this in a (near) future firmware update?

You cannot disable this dialog box. The suggestion above is a work around and has nothing to do with firmware. Hopefully WD will get rid of the box altogether at some point just like they did on the WDTV Live.

I too would like to thow my hat in the ring and say that I would like the box to go away in a firmware update. If it bothers me enough I may download the legacy theme and go that route. Fix this please WD.