Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Here I am.

KAD helped me a lot, I was able to fix everything and update my firmware to 2.01.86.

I can confirm that thumbnails looks SUPERB with the new firmware :smileyvery-happy:

HI Everyone,

I need your help. Are there any ways to replace the poster “RARBD.com” to the one from TMDB?

that image is Embedded Artwork … in the Video file, most likely a MP4

to remove it, use mp3tag     http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Remove Cover > File > Save Tag

This will resave the video file minus the artwork (note: it will take several mins depending on the size of your file)

To explain what is happening … the WDTV will display Embedded Artwork / Info by Default if present.

If there is no embedded artwork / info then it displays the .jpg / .metathumb for artwork and movie.xml for info

Hi Joey,

the file is not mp4. it is an mkv file with a sizes ranges from 7GB to 22GB.

i will try your suggestions now.

mp3tag won’t work with mkv

try mkvmerge (MKVtoolnix)  http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix

remux the mkv but only tick the Video and Audio stream  (example picture below)

EDIT: Confirmed, it will work :smiley:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366218-How-can-I-remove-custom-thumbnail-from-mkv-files

thanks joey.

Hi Joey,

How do I get the same look as the below picture with the AlaskaLIGHT_V1.7_15_TBN_VERT.zip   theme.

I like the background picture look.

sorry this is the picture im talking about.

Hi there,

first of all, thanks for your great work.

I have a little problem with the movie info. I have installed the AlaskaDark theme and I have generated .xml files for each movie with Thumbgen to display the information. However, it only shows the “plot”, the “total time” and just one of the “actors”. I mean I can’t see the “genre”, the “date”, the “director” and the rest of the “actors”.

Anybody knows why this happens? 

gambit8 wrote:

Hi there,

first of all, thanks for your great work.

I have a little problem with the movie info. I have installed the AlaskaDark theme and I have generated .xml files for each movie with Thumbgen to display the information. However, it only shows the “plot”, the “total time” and just one of the “actors”. I mean I can’t see the “genre”, the “date”, the “director” and the rest of the “actors”.

Anybody knows why this happens? 

it’s probably a Thumbgen problem.

What i would do is … Use the WDTV Media Scraper (ie. Get Content Info)

and that should fix the problem.

I definately know that the “actors” tag has changed in WDTV firmware and because Thumbgen is pretty much dead (last update was Oct 23rd 2013)  it hasent been updated to include changes in WDTV firmware

compare the movie xml’s generated by the WDTV & Thumbgen are compare the differences

Hello JoeGitz

I modified all 4 Dark Themes to include “Backdrops”

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ty9dlhvjgl63n3n/4XDARK_WITH_BACKDROP.zip

To adjust the transitions eg. fade, zoom and interval time eg. 3 seconds, 5 seconds

go to Setup > Photo Settings

Hi Joey,

thank-you thats perfect.

Hello, thank you for your very great work!! i like and use your themes!

can you make the same as 4 Dark Themes to include “Backdrops” but in GRID themes please?!

because i tried to use your patch for grid it works but some link are broken like WEATHER.

and there is in the left up corner a number like 1/5 (depends of the number of shortcuts and which is selected) 

This counter shouldn’t appear. 

i hope you will find time to do this. 

sorry for my poor english.

have a good day. 

Hi Joey,

Great work with this theme and you hit it right on the head with adding the background images to the dark theme! My only question is how could I change the home icons/images for video, music, live tv, etc? Is that something that could be done without messing up the theme? No disrespect to the ones you have already in place, I just have some I’d like to try :smiley: thanks for everything you do!

Thanks

CnY225 wrote:could I change the home icons/images for video, music, live tv, etc? Is that something that could be done without messing up the theme?

Sure, it’s just changing the images and won’t affect the operation of the theme … only the appearence

Unfortunately i don’t have any photoshop or gimp templates to make it easier to re-design them

Thanks for the response Joey, I’d have no problem designing them myself, just not sure which files I’d have to replace in the theme to have it look correctly? If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!

unzip the theme and look in the “image” folder and you will see them

Hi Joey Smith, Thanksalot for this great theme.

Before discovering I generated the sheets with thumgen and Darklight Theme on my Gen3-Box. I really like the dark-backrdop-theme and I am using the VERT wih backdrop in gallery view right now.

I have 2 questions about that and maybe you can help me.

1. I have each movie in a seperate folder. So in folder view no movie-data is displayed, but that’s okay. If I choose a folder then the movie appears with the information and the backdrop-picture I generated with thumgen before. In this view next to the big movie cover ist still a frame with the small cover in.

When using the backdrop I think this isn’t necessary. Is there a way to fix it?

1. Allthough I don’t work with genre Folders I tried to ;-). e.g. I took all 3D movies in a folder and whith i made no movie-folders so it’s like that:

USB-Drive

→ 3 D Movies

→ movie 1.mkv + all the other generatet sheets an jpg-files

→ movie 2.mov + all… (see above)

…works fine so far

In the 3D Movies Folder I put a “3 D Movies.jpg” which I want to be shown in the gallery view before choosing that folder. But this Image won’t show up. It only Shows the cover of the first movie in that folder with the headline “3 D Movies” (which is the name of the folder).

After choosing it, everything is shown correctly. But why doesn’t it display the folder-icon? It isn’t even displayed in the “Files”.

Before that I had the Folder Icon in that folder as well, and every movie in a seperate folder.

USB-Drive

→ 3D Movies (with a file “3D Movies.jpg”)

→ Folder: “Movie 1”

—> Movie 1.mkv + all the other files for this movie

With this the “3D Movies”-Folder Icon was displayed in the Basic Gallery View.

I hope you can understand what I mean (I am german and to discribe this is not so easy ;-)) and can figure out, what I want to ask… Can you give me a hint?

rename “3D Movies.jpg” to “folder.jpg”, if it doesnt recognize right away, reboot device via power cable

fakex wrote: In this view next to the big movie cover ist still a frame with the small cover in.

When using the backdrop I think this isn’t necessary. Is there a way to fix it ?

no