Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Hello,

First Thank you for your reply.

No, Not direct.

I want in the Wall-view the discription of the selected Movie…
Not in the Gallery-view.

Is it possible to get the “discription” of the selected Movie, in the “Wall-view” ?

Which Code is required ?

Tank you

Joey, wil the day / night theme get the nice menu you posted on youtube a few weeks ago (with the larger menu item in the middle)? That looked really nice.

And I don’t understand how you get your theme so fast (I watched the movie you just uploaded). Perhaps it is because you don’'t use a NAS but a usb drive connected to your mediaplayer. Is the default moochi theme the same speed in your setup or slower? Here it is slower…

Thanks for the reply 

So just to clarify, is meta data only read at the video level?

What im wondering is, is it possible to have a description at the tv show folder level and then a epsiode description at the episode video file level?

Example below

TV Show\American Dad!\Season 1\Episode 1

So a show description at the American Dad folder level and then a episode descriptio at Episode 1.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

metadata only works for files

it does not display for folders.

it used to work for folders in really really old firmware, but WD Broke / Disabled it … and also

i found a trick on FW2.07.17 that would make metadata display for folders … yet again WD Broke / Disabled is usage.

Complain to WD

2 Likes

Hello,

First Thank you for your reply.

No, Not direct.

I want in the Wall-view the discription of the selected Movie…
Not in the Gallery-view.

Is it possible to get the “discription” of the selected Movie, in the “Wall-view” ?

Which Code is required ?

Tank you

the “wall-view” is the gallery view in this theme.

drizzt09 already answered your question on the last page. you need a xml file (with description, year,…) for the movie. you get this with “get info” on your hub or with programms like thumbgen.

Cheers Joey that answers my question.

The new layout is looking sweet! Will just have to re-arrange all my movie files to to sit in one folder.

okay perhaps i had a thinking failure…

in use the View with the “rv_video_browse_page.xml”

when i put in this file this code :

<text x="42" y="432" w="410" h="250" text="@@overview" fontsize="18" numlines="11" linespacing="1" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" disable_tail_dots="1"/>

with this i request “overview”, BUT he shows in the view (rv_video_browse_page.xml)  NOTHING ?!

I had a XML file called for example “hulk.xml” with the point “overview” there is the discription in it…

he dont shows it to me by the code over here, what wrong any ideas ?

pimp1310 wrote:

okay perhaps i had a thinking failure…

in use the View with the “rv_video_browse_page.xml”

when i put in this file this code :

with this i request “overview”, BUT he shows in the view (rv_video_browse_page.xml)  NOTHING ?!

I had a XML file called for example “hulk.xml” with the point “overview” there is the discription in it…

he dont shows it to me by the code over here, what wrong any ideas ?

movie info xml scraping only works in gallary view

1 Like

ahhhhh okay thx, now i reconfig the gallery view.

i had 1-2 problems with it have you perhaps icq or so and can help?

i want to show the “backdrops” not the “browse_1_thumbnail” , in my xml is the value “backdrop” but with 

<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_backdrop" default_image="@@default_backdrop_0" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@backdrop_f_disable_0" bg="1"/>

it returns nothing ?

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with this theme,  some of my movie titles are showing &amp: instead of and is there anyway of fixing this?

XML does does not like “&” so it converts to that. So you need to rename to “and” before generating xml. Or open each movie xml and edit it to “and”
Was a bug in TG that was fixed but has come back

ahhhhh okay thx, now i reconfig the gallery view.

i had 1-2 problems with it have you perhaps icq or so and can help?

i want to show the “backdrops” not the “browse_1_thumbnail” , in my xml is the value “backdrop” but with 

<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_backdrop" default_image="@@default_backdrop_0" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@backdrop_f_disable_0" bg="1"/>

it returns nothing ?

will do, thought that was the problem.

thanks drizzt09,

Sorry for all the questions, I love this theme and can’t wait for the dark version it looks even better great work Joey.

My question is, what code would i have to add in order to have the movie rating ex. Rated R show up on the gallery view under the total time next too the thumbnail.

@joeysmith

i tried to generate the “_bg” (png), the white frame on the movie icons,

in the rv_gallery_browse with this code :

<wrapper y="215" w="163" h="247" scale="100" align="hcenter" >

<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0"x="48" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1"x="217" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2"x="386" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3"x="555" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4"x="724" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5"x="893" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6"x="1062" bg="1"/>

</wrapper>

he makes only black icons ?!

The Night Version looks so great!

Thank You

Brilliant, as usual.

I use the day version at the moment and was looking at the night version - have you stopped using the wall view as per the 3rd picture of the day version in the new night version? I like that view as it gives film details as well as more thumbs per page.

Very excided about these new versions. Awesome work Joey.

I will be waiting.

Thanks again bro.

Hi Joey

is it hard to make the Alaska theme compatible with the Aeonish theme then? would it involve rewriting the code that you use to make these kind of themes up?. Is there anyway of using my movie sheets that ive made for the Aeronish theme in thumbgen (the one with the reflections and background imagine in one JPG) on the Alaska 3.05.10 theme

P.S. The “Alaska Theme” can be be made compatible with the “Aeonish Hub” Sheets… and it fact, the theme would visually be more enhanced than the current version. Maybe once ive finished up things ?  Because i do prefer FW2.07 at the end of the day. So… never say never. 

Mockup Pic - But, i did use a real png Aeonish Sheet for this example