Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

OK Joey Thanx …

Maybe it’s easier to take the default png’s, remove the black bg, make the arrow red and put it in your theme LoL … :smiley:

alert_loading.png alert_loading_0.png alert_loading_1.png alert_loading_2.png alert_loading_3.png alert_loading_4.png

Thanks Medic, but i prefer not to use or alter the Stock Mochi Icons wherever possible.

I will find something elsewhere.

That is probably a better choice Joey it was just an example.

However it proofs that you were right about the extra png they added. The 1st and 2nd png are the same image so why bother putting it in the animation, i guess nobody knows.

Hello Joey,

Do you have any idea when the next beta will be available for us? The new improvements you are telling about / showing us in the youtube video are really interesting and I would love to put them on my mediaplayer.

How to remove the temperature line ?

tyty

Hi,

Really nice theme!

How to get the view with actors names and all others informations (1st column, the ■■■■■■ Punch cover on the main screenshots page)?

Thanks ++

please help, i need some help, friends. I’m the only one with the problem or just an ■■■■■? Listen any of you music (CD) to the hub. Will the album-cover change if the next song is playing?

… i have one Question (maybe more):

Have you more then one Artist-Album and have you a Mainfolder “Artist” with Subfolders with the different Albums from the Artist? Then try this: go to the Mainfolder (in the Folder-View, with Media Library “on”) an go to “PLAY” all Songs from all Albums. Best Options “random Play”. NOW THE QUESTION: will the Cover change during the next song?

hey, no answer for me ? :wink: Perhaps someone can confirm my problem?

you can download my DemoFolderFrank.zip with 2 Artists and 3Album per Artist.

In Anastacia3 are 3 Albums with XML-File and associated JPG-File

in Britany3 are 3 Albums with Covers in the ID3-Tag (different Cover pro Song).

Please play the Main-Folder (Anastacia3 or Britany3) to Play all Songs (Songs are 10 seconds) and look for the Album-Cover. If the Song go to the next the Cover do not change.

http://db.tt/XNqhEqzG

I would be happy about any response

The Album Cover does not change in Album Playback using Mochi Theme or My Theme...

it just displays the Album Cover which is how WD designed it ...

disable="@@disable-INFO" active="@@act-INFO"/>
<text text="@@album_name" x="190" y="58" w="700" h="42" fontsize="40" auto_translate="1" speed="1" delay="2"/>
<text text="@@artist" x="190" y="105" w="700" h="42" fontsize="40" textcolor="0xc1c1c1"/>
<image image="image/music_gallery_grid_no_cover_art.png" x="70" y="43" w="104" h="104" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" bg="1"/>
<image image="@@album_cover" x="70" y="43" w="104" h="104" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>
<image image="image/video_option_divider.png" x="70" y="158" w="1140" h="1"/>
<!--image image="image/video_option_divider.png" x="40" y="644" w="1200" h="1" disable="@@disable-browselist"/>
<image image="image/video_option_divider.png" x="40" y="587" w="1200" h="1" disable="@@disable-audiopanel"/-->

The Song Cover does change from Song to Song on the Main Home Menu Screen using Mochi Theme and My Theme. Because it reading the ID3 Tags. (info = active)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<wrapper>
<wrapper disable="@@info_generic_now_playing_disable">
<image image="@@info_playing_status" x="48" y="36" w="36" h="31"/>
<image image="@@default_info_album_artist" x="325" y="36" w="32" h="32" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio"/>
<image image="@@info_album_artist" x="325" y="36" w="32" h="32" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio"/>
<image image="@@info_mute_icon" x="277" y="27" w="48" h="48"/>
<text text="@@info_rolling_message" x="359" y="41" w="886" h="22" fontsize="20" speed="1" delay="2" align="left" textcolor="0x000000" auto_translate="1"/>
</wrapper>
</wrapper>

Edit: To have an "Active" changing Album Cover in the album_playback.xml you could add this line... eg.

<image image="@@info_album_artist" x="106" y="509" w="150" h="150" scale="100" />

Where you place it is up to you..

but if you overlay on top of the @@album_cover you wont be able to see other Music Artist Covers whilst the current playing music is ... playing (you would need to press stop... to reveal the currently browsed cover)

eg. if you chose to make @@info_ablum_artist the Large Cover ... then this would occur..

Navigate to "Britney Spears" and press "play" song plays, covers change .... now go to another album eg. "The Police" press "enter" you will now see the track list of The Police Album with a Large Picture of the "Britney Spears" Album playing.

To see the Police Album Cover ... you would then have to press "Stop"

Only workaround is to have both on screen at the same time .... but where to fit / place them both ?

he Joey,

Thanks for the workaround. I understand. My problem is the quality of “@@ album_cover” is very good, the quality of “@@info_ablum_artist” is bad (on the big TV screen). what a pity. I Think, I must live with it.

I have found a small issue. I change sometimes the audio settings. If you go to setup > appereance > Audio you see different options like stereo and hdm passthrough / optical out. I can select something, but you don’t see what you have selected (the icon isn’t showing). Seems simular to the check connection problem that you have solved.

It would be great if this can be fixed. Now I need to go to the original theme , change the audio settings and enable the alaska resurface theme again.

I am aware of this,  …  just a reminder from Page(1)

“This is still a Work In Progress”

Which is what im currently doing… “Working on it”  in whatever spare time i have outside of  Work,Family and Commitments.

There are a substantial amount of XML’s to be modified for Setup and Settings … which take a Lot of Time to do.

I understand.

I have created a fix myself, it takes indeed a lot and a lot of time and it’s almost impossible to do with your family / kids around (at least I really need to concentrate on the xml editting).

Too bad you don’t work for WD, they could use your design skills.

Hi,

New to all this so apologies if i’m stating the obvious. I’ve recently purchased the above players which run off a Synology Disk Station DS 212. I have one player in the lounge and the second in the conservatory both connected via ethernet. I mainly want to use it for music and although it does the job very well, the software runing the description of the album etc is very bland.I’ve been reading an article via the above link (  ALASKA RESURFACE 7/3/12 Options ) and that software is just what i’m looking for, very slick and profesional looking. My question is can i download this software and do i download it on both media players amd most importantly, how do i download it.

Many thanks in advance.

jiffter12 wrote:

Hi,

New to all this so apologies if i’m stating the obvious. I’ve recently purchased the above players which run off a Synology Disk Station DS 212. I have one player in the lounge and the second in the conservatory both connected via ethernet. I mainly want to use it for music and although it does the job very well, the software runing the description of the album etc is very bland.I’ve been reading an article via the above link (  ALASKA RESURFACE 7/3/12 Options ) and that software is just what i’m looking for, very slick and profesional looking. My question is can i download this software and do i download it on both media players amd most importantly, how do i download it.

Many thanks in advance.

the download is in the 1st post under the images.

this is designed for the hub on firmware 3.05 so it will definately work on the “WD TV Live Hub”.

it also works on the Streamer. So if your  “WD TV Live” is actually the “WD TV Live Streamer” then yes it will work.

You need to install it on each player if you want it to show on that player.

Many thanks for the reply, that helps me to understand the software issue a bit more.

Sorry if this question seems so simple but my tech skills are pretty poor. Referring to the above software I understand how to download it from the “Hotfile” link as a zip file but how do I actually transfer it to the media player or am I missing something so obvious? I’ve opened the zip and I don’t actually recognise much of the contents and there is no executable file to use to basically I don’t have a clue.

Any advice would be brilliant.

I understand how to download it from the “Hotfile” link as a zip file but how do I actually transfer it to the media player or am I missing something so obvious?

Above every page on this Website:

Example:

1 Like

Did you encournter some problems along the way? I saw different screenshots a while ago and they were changed back to the current ones this week. So I was wondering if the new layout were being thrashed for slowness or other reasons.

Yeah i noticed this also.

The screenshots you had up looked sweet!

I have been trying to replicate the 6 poster in the middle of the screen with some meta data below.

Very slow process. Hope you still bring the update out. :smiley:

Cheers

Awesome theme Joey, loaded it up on my hub and smp and it is blazing fast and super clean.

Just a couple questions

A few weeks back you had some sample images with the cover art having more rounded corners and a bit of a shadow, just wondering if that tweak is still in development

Also just wondering why no reflection code was used for the list view, large art view, or the wall view with the 12 items, I realize the one view with the 15 or 18 and the description would have limited space for the affect, 

I really have no idea how hard it is to add that reflection to the theme or how it affects the speed of theme, just kind of curious as I like the look of  it.

Anyways just thought i’d ask about those, still love the theme and am using it on all my wd players, keep up the good work and thanks again!