*A WallSheet Video Demo *

1. No, it’s not used by the HUB/SMP anyway.

And it depends.  In Joey’s case, at least from looking at the vid, it will use the file name.  In my case, it’s on the moviesheet.

There is a plus and minus to both ways.  Displaying the file name you will not be limited to the length of the name because you keep text scolling intact, but you have to see the extension.  With having the title as part of the moviesheet you want ever see the extension and it can be in different places for different file types (ie: one place of Movies and different placement for TV shows), but there is a length limit and no text scrolling.  However, this is only really a problem for movies with really long names like:  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Disagree: I’m using Textrep which can "Recursivley Scan an Entire Folder full of XML’s and Batch Replace single and multiple instances of a tag . eg replace <title> with <remtitle>

Textrep can also Batch replace “Blocks” of lines / code as well.

That’s what I meant by using Notepad++, use find / replace and it will do the same thing.

Notepad_plus_plus.jpg

Different program, but same outcome.

I’m tired

Ok, cool … i didnt know Notepad++ did that :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it do “Blocks”   (Mutli Line Instances)   ?

Yep, just don’t ask me how to do it.:wink:

I don’t use it that much and I have to go back and forth all the time trying to remember what expressions do what.  My old brain doesn’t hold on to things like it use to.

Hi Joey

Thanks for the heads up.

So in theory,  you could end up going full circle with your theming design using classic AEON text as one of your first posts! Which could also be displayed for different views?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/My-1st-Live-Hub-Theme-Project/td-p/151136/page/2

EDIT- I wonder if there is a way to display a full 1280x 720 background image as well as the moviesheet.png using the ‘linksheet’ method?..maybe wishful thinking as I don’t have a clue if this would be possible…but, if it was feasible then this would put theming back on track, despite the inability to display the .xml movie title.  

How would all of this affect those of us using the Black Mamba theme’s sheets? They have the movie info included in the file as part of the picture and dont use the xml file for that info other than to create the sheet, right?

I’m thinking if I use this method I’ll have to redo them all…no biggie I have plenty of time (retired). :slight_smile:

Those sheets are specifically made for that theme so it would require the theme to be altered to use this method.

However, if it were modified I don’t think you would have to redo the sheets, just port them over.

Well I didn’t ask it right, just like you said.

If I want to change to another theme, your Coco theme, I would have to do them all over I would think…

So I’m sitting here debating if I’m gonna back up the drive and then delete it all but the movies. Or maybe back up the movies and format the hard drive with the Hub’s format option. Fresh starts and it’s never been done so I guess it can’t hurt.

its a nice fine :slight_smile: any chance someone can put a demo theme together so we can see how it looks like.?

Guess it not much use for us that have a HUB & SMP without remember to update before devices each time.

As soon as I reverted back to FW 2.07.17 and decided to forget all the themes and whatsnot… this is just incredible. I can’t wait to use it. Marvelous work.

Thanks, im “tinkering” with other things as well ( On Firmware 2.07.17 ) using various tricks this Firmware is happy with … eg. Alpha Channel Transparency Pngs, KADS procedure and a couple of old thumbnail pan & scan tricks.

NONE of the Following will on work on the SMP or HUB with Latest Firmware !!!    SO, DONT ASK !!!

I Have always liked this “View” in Aeon by DjH for XBMC …

Last Night, a Full Evening of Theming for the Live Hub (2.07.17) ended up looking like this …

Tonite, i worked on it again, adding an “Info View” as Well…

This is Video Browse View and Below the Info View.

Also quickly did “Gallery View” Info is there all the time (No Backdrops, too slow…)

And to finish the Evening… Large Grid View

In closing, this was just 2 Nights work … pretty rough and just an experiment.

Speed is Decent is Video Browse & Video Grid … Gallery is a little but slower.

YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3TcdJZNPM&feature=youtu.be

That looks awesome. Always impressed by anything you do lol

Good Job Joey,

just made some test with high res images and I didn’t see a difference that would stop me from using high res pictures.

Instant sheets are a great thing, let’s see in which firmware version they will cut the links :slight_smile:

DeVicious wrote:

Good Job Joey,

just made some test with high res images and I didn’t see a difference that would stop me from using high res pictures.

Instant sheets are a great thing, let’s see in which firmware version they will cut the links :slight_smile:

@DeVicious

my only thoughts on what might stop you from using a high-res image is a limitation similiar to the old live or live plus

the new method being used here on previous devices had a maximum file size limitation of 500kb

with the SMP I’ve successfully had .jpg at 700+kb display, but I would imagine there’s likely some limitation

I just haven’t found it yet, I haven’t really tried to find it

maybe you’ve found the maximum file size limit for this device

I’d try to shrink the image size and see if it loads

if it loads, it will be usefull to know what the maximum file size is on this device

So for us uneducated/untalented :slight_smile:

Whilst Im waiting for the artistes to design and test this new wonder, how would I create a sheet to make my Internal and two external drives on the Hub have a cover to stop showing a default icon ?

@wdtvhub

how would I create a sheet to make my Internal and two external drives on the Hub have a cover to stop showing a default icon ?

AKAIK, there is No Workaround in changing Default Icons for your Drives.

(This Moviesheet Procedure has nothing to do with that anyways)

Ach…

Ah well I blame Tinwarble…I asked the right Question, he gave the wrong answer  :wink:

I will say however, i just renamed a “Moviesheet”  to  WDTVLiveHub

And a “Moviesheet” for my Internal HDD Drive Displayed  (But the Poster Icon is still blank … aka Default)

But going back to your orginal question … you’re after Custom “Poster” Thumbnails for each of your Drive correct ?

Like i said, i don’t know … maybe some other clever people can solve it.

Yes mate.

I changed the default small/large icons to a WD Drive PNG. So it looks better to me than a disc/film icon.

I did think it would not be possible as it was hard coded or not as the case may be. But Tinwarble said it would be, we will see what happens, it is an annoyance to me thats all.